⚽ Alaves – Eibar Prediction
Alaves – Eibar Prediction, Odds and Betting Tips. February 7, 21:00. SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 23.
Alaves – Eibar Preview
- On a run of one win in their last eight La Liga (LL) games (D3, L4) and no wins in four at home (D2, L2), Deportivo Alavés have, however, not suffered consecutive home LL losses this season. But with just one first-half goal to their name in their last nine LL matches and eight HT/FT defeats, Alavés need to show more early impetus.
- An unbeaten LL record as a home favourite (W5, D5), however, remains encouraging. With four home LL wins from the five occasions (D1) in which they opened the scoring, Alavés could rapidly improve their fortunes by starting better.
- That can begin immediately against Eibar, who have opened the scoring just twice in their 11 away LL fixtures (D1, L1), going on to lose four of the five in which they conceded first. What’s more, with just one road win this season (D5, L5) and an average of 0.64 goals per away game, Eibar could be ripe for the taking.
- Subsequently, Eibar have recorded two or more goals in an away LL match just twice in this campaign (W1, L1), but to their credit have been trailing at the break in just one of their last five away.
- Players to watch: Seven of Joselu’s nine LL goals this season arrived after half-time, yet he recorded Alaves’ first goal in five of their last 11 league matches.
- Pape Kouly Diop was Eibar’s last LL goalscorer on the road, and netted a 90th minute winner against Alavés in 2018/19 (at home).
- Stat attack: Referee Eduardo Prieto Iglesias has awarded a red card and/or a penalty in three of his last four LL matches. The away side on the day has taken a penalty in seven (35%) of his last 20 LL appearances.
- Alavés’ average of 3.45 yellow cards per LL home game is a league-high.
- Both teams have scored in just one of Eibar’s last seven LL matches.