⚽ Barnsley – Sheffield Wed Prediction
Barnsley – Sheffield Wed Prediction, Odds and Betting Tips. February 8, 14:30. ENGLAND: Championship – Round 31.
Barnsley – Sheffield Wed Preview
- Barnsley are faltering after losing four competitive matches in a row. Worryingly, two of those games ended in defeat by at least a two-goal margin. That has contributed to them possessing the Championship’s second-worst defensive record, conceding an average of 1.87 goals per game.
- Despite a poor Championship season so far, Barnsley boast a decent home record vs sides outside the top eight. They have faced eight such teams at home, and lost just twice (W3, D3, L2). Strikingly, goals were aplenty, with both teams scoring in all eight, and six producing over 3.5 goals.
- Sheffield Wednesday enter this match in slightly better form, winning three of their previous six competitive matches (W3, D1, L2). Although they conceded eight goals during that run, five came in one game. Either side of that result, they were reasonably assured in defence and kept three clean sheets. This in part explains why they have the division’s joint-fifth best defence, conceding an average of just 1.1 goals per game.
- The ‘Owls’ are undefeated in 11 league H2Hs, winning six. Interestingly, they have scored exactly one goal in their previous four visits to Oakwell Stadium.
- Players to watch: Barnsley’s Cauley Woodrow has netted two goals across his previous two matches – both strikes came on or after the 60th minute.
- Jacob Murphy has scored in consecutive away league games for Wednesday, and netted in the reverse fixture. Two of those goals came in the first half.
- Stat attack: Barnsley have conceded the opening goal in five of their previous seven league matches.
- Just one of Wednesday’s previous five league games saw both teams score.
- Each of the previous five H2Hs produced exactly two goals.