⚽ Celta Vigo – Eibar Prediction
Celta Vigo – Eibar Prediction, Odds and Betting Tips. January 26, 14:00. SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 21.
Celta Vigo – Eibar Preview
Currently occupying the final relegation place, Celta Vigo find themselves winless in six La Liga (LL) matches (D4, L2). This is their worst current run of league games since a nine-game winless run ending in August 2017 (D1, L8). Moreover, 16 top-tier points at this stage is Celta’s fewest tally since 1989/90 (16) in which they were eventually relegated.
- Celta are also the lowest scoring side at home in LL, with an average return of just 0.7 goals per-match. Moreover, Celta have scored before half-time in just two of their ten home league games (HT: W1, D6, L3).
- Fittingly, Eibar have conceded fewer shots on target this season (64) than all but the top-four sides. As a result, the visitors have shipped fewer goals than 12 of the other 19 LL sides away from home in spite of their lowly position (1.4 per-match on average).
- All three of Eibar’s away games which saw a goalless first-half also ended that way, and that could be a likely outcome given what is at stake and the average goals scored. Indeed, just two sides’ away games are averaging fewer than Eibar’s 2.1 per-match.
- Players to watch: Iago Aspas scored seven of Celta’s 17 league goals this term (41.18%), the highest contribution to a team total of any LL player.
- Whilst Eibar have failed to score in two away league games, Pablo de Blasis may have earned a start, with three goals and an assist from their last two Copa del Rey outings.
- Stat attack: Celta have not recovered a single league point from a losing half-time position this term.
- Eight of visiting coach José Mendilibar’s last nine H2Hs with Celta have seen just one side score (W4, L5).
- Improvement? Eibar have won as many (two) from their last three as they did in the ten league games prior.