⚽ Columbus Crew – Minnesota United Prediction
Columbus Crew – Minnesota United Tips and Odds. July 29, 01:00 USA: MLS – Play Offs – 1/8-finals.
Columbus Crew – Minnesota United Preview
- Columbus Crew have established themselves as a genuine chance of their first CONCACAF Champions League appearance since 2010/11, with seven unanswered goals in the ‘MLS is Back’ tournament. With three HT leads in addition to clean sheets in all three group stage victories, their performances have truly been complete.
- In fact, with just one goal conceded across their entire MLS regular season, Columbus are yet to trail at the HT break (1H: W4, D1), whilst all but one of their five matches in 2020 have produced two or fewer total goals. Subsequently, a third all-time 1-0 H2H result (W1, L1) with Minnesota United is not out of the question.
- For that, however, they’re going to have to severely restrict a Minnesota attack which is averaging 2.40 goals a game across the regular season and has been restricted to fewer than two goals just once.
- Minnesota are yet to score inside the opening half hour at this tournament, but with just one second-half goal conceded in the group stage, and points from the two matches in which they conceded the opening goal (W1, D1), they may make their impact felt after the intermission.
- Players to watch: Columbus’ Lucas Zelarayán should start after returning from injury and has scored in three of his last four MLS starts.
- Minnesota’s Ethan Finlay was the only goalscorer in the 2019 meeting and opened his account for 2020 with a double last appearance.
- Stat attack: Columbus took the fewest corner kicks of the match in their last two group stage victories.
- Minnesota have collected an average of 3.33 cards per game at this tournament.
- Neither team have yet received or conceded a penalty at this tournament.
|Head-to-head matches: COLUMBUS CREW – MINNESOTA UNITED|
|19.05.19||MLS||Minnesota United||Columbus Crew||1 : 0|
|28.10.18||MLS||Columbus Crew||Minnesota United||3 : 2|
|24.02.18||CAR||Columbus Crew||Minnesota United||2 : 0|
|05.07.17||MLS||Minnesota United||Columbus Crew||0 : 1|
USA: MLS – Play Offs – 1/8-finals
Columbus Crew – Minnesota United
Kick-off: July 29, 01:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals