⚽ QPR – Sheffield Wed Prediction
January 24, 21:00. ENGLAND: FA Cup – 1/16-finals. QPR – Sheffield Wed Prediction, Odds and Betting Tips.
QPR – Sheffield Wed Preview
The only previous FA Cup H2H was in 1967, when Queens Park Rangers lost 3-0. However, they have won the last four overall H2Hs and three of their last four competitive fixtures coming into this fourth round tie. Furthermore, QPR have lost just once in their last five FA Cup matches (W3, D1, L1) and have won three of their last four FA Cup home games.
- QPR’s last four Championship wins have seen them lead at the break with a clean sheet, much like their FA Cup third-round win over Swansea. Indeed, 30 of QPR’s 51 Championship goals against have been conceded during the second-half.
- Sheffield Wednesday travel here having lost four of their last six competitive matches (W2, L4), although three of those losses came via a single goal margin. That was the case with nine of their ten Championship losses this season. Incidentally, their FA Cup third round win followed the same pattern – a 1-0 win over Brighton & Hove Albion.
- Away from home, Wednesday are unbeaten in five of their last six competitive games, winning the last two (W4, D1, L1). That said, Wednesday’s FA Cup road trips haven’t been fruitful, with five losses in the last eight such trips (W2, D1, L5), and the ‘Owls’ conceding at least twice in each loss.
- Players to watch: Nahki Wells (QPR) has been his side’s first scorer with his last two FA Cup career goals. Meanwhile Atdhe Nuhiu has been involved in Wednesday’s last two strikes (one goal, one assist).
- Stat attack: Six of the last eight H2Hs have seen both teams score.
- However, just one of Wednesday’s last ten FA Cup matches saw both teams score goals.
- Late action could be imminent as 29.03% of Wednesday’s league goals (9/31) against have been conceded beyond the 80th minute.