⚽ Reading – Wigan Prediction
Reading – Wigan Prediction, Odds and Betting Tips. February 26, 21:00. ENGLAND: Championship – Round 35.
Reading – Wigan Preview
- Scoring 1.21 league goals-per-game so far, Reading have seen their Championship games average 2.32 total goals-per-game overall this season, with both teams scoring in half of their 34 league matches. However, they have won just two of their last ten league matches (D4, L4), and are without a win at the Madejski Stadium for six matches in all competitions (D4, L2).
- Scoring just one first-half goal from open-play in eight home league matches, Reading have entered half-time as leaders in just four Championship matches here this season. Nonetheless, Reading have scored 15 league goals from the 76th minute onwards, making up for that somewhat.
- Beaten just once in their last six league matches (W3, D2), Paul Cook’s Wigan won 1-0 last time out, and have attained their last three victories by a one-goal margin. The league’s joint-lowest scorers (averaging 1.00 goal-per-game), Wigan have lost 11 of their 14 matches when conceding first.
- Losing just one of their last four Championship away matches (W2, D1), the ‘Latics’ seem to have turned a corner after going 13 trips without a win from matchday two. Scoring first in four straight league awaydays, Wigan scored first in the reverse fixture, but then conceded three 75+ minute goals to lose 3-1.
- Players to watch: Reading’s George Pușcaș has netted in two of his last three appearances and also scored a hat-trick in his last H2H. Meanwhile, Wigan’s Kieffer Moore has scored nine career headers since 2018/19 and was the first goalscorer last time away from home following up with a penalty.
- Stat attack: Reading have won the last two home H2Hs, but have shut out Wigan just once in eight hostings here.
- Reading’s last four home games have each produced exactly four total yellow cards.
- Four of Wigan’s last five league matches produced an own goal.
ENGLAND: Championship – Round 35
Reading – Wigan
Kick-off: February 26, 21:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals