⚽ Rio Ave – Braga Prediction
Rio Ave – Braga Tips and Odds. June 30, 17:30 IRAN: Persian Gulf Pro League – Round 22.
Rio Ave – Braga Preview
- Rio Ave’s hopes of a fourth appearance in the Europa League are slipping away after the club endured a fifth consecutive Primeira Liga (LPFP) home game without victory (D3, L2), with 13 of their last 16 competition points being earned on the road – including their last match. Furthermore, a record of W1, D1, L3 from their last five LPFP games as an outsider at home includes a 2-1 defeat to Braga in 2018/19.
- The hosts have failed to open the scoring in four of those five winless fixtures, including a 0-0 draw, and with Rio Ave yet to win at home when conceding the first goal (D2, L4), netting first appears crucial to their fortunes.
- Fortunately for Rio Ave, Sporting Braga have not opened the scoring in any of their last seven competitive visits here, with the aforementioned come-from-behind victory last season their only H2H win at Rio Ave during that time (D2, L4).
- Braga have proven themselves as vulnerable travelers: they are now the only side in the league to have lost four LPFP games as an away favourite (W4, D2, L4), having dropped points in each of their last two such matches. The first 45 minutes will be telling, with Braga converting their last seven half-time leads on the road into LPFP victories.
- Players to watch: Leading goalscorer and penalty taker Mehdi Taremi has recorded Rio Ave’s first goal in four of his last five LPFP starts.
- Winger Ricardo Horta has scored in three of his last five appearances against Rio Ave, netting the match opener twice.
- Stat attack: Nine of the last 12 competitive H2Hs have produced two or fewer total goals.
- Ten of Rio Ave’s last 23 LPFP home matches have seen a red card awarded, including three of the last four.
- Braga have taken the most corner kicks in all but one of their last eight LPFP away games.
|Head-to-head matches: RIO AVE – BRAGA|
|02.12.19||PL||Braga||Rio Ave||2 : 0|
|03.03.19||PL||Rio Ave||Braga||1 : 2|
|06.10.18||PL||Braga||Rio Ave||1 : 1|
|13.05.18||PL||Rio Ave||Braga||1 : 0|
|06.01.18||PL||Braga||Rio Ave||2 : 1|