⚽ Sampdoria – Verona Prediction
Sampdoria – Verona Prediction, Odds and Betting Tips. March 8, 15:00. ITALY: Serie A – Round 26.
Sampdoria – Verona Preview
- As inconsistent as they are entertaining, Sampdoria have lost four of their last eight Serie A (SA) matches (W2, D2), with four of those games featuring over 4.5 goals. However, when level at half-time, Sampdoria have lost just once in the league this season (W5, D4).
- Claudio Ranieri’s men have lost two home games in a row, conceding at least four goals in both, resulting in the league’s fourth-worst home record (W3, D4, L6). Failing to score at home before the 16th minute this SA campaign, they have now conceded first in 69.23% of their home league fixtures.
- Meanwhile, Hellas Verona are on a nine-match unbeaten run (W4, D5), built on a solid defence that has conceded on average one goal per game this season – the division’s fourth-best record. In fact they have only conceded over 1.5 goals before half-time once in the league this season.
- Miserly on the road, Verona have drawn their last four SA away games, whilst their last five away have featured under 2.5 goals. Furthermore, they are yet to concede a goal on their SA travels before the 16th minute. Upsetting the odds, they are unbeaten in 66.67% of SA away fixtures in which they began as outsiders.
- Players to watch: Sampdoria’s Manolo Gabbiadini netted in his side’s last two SA home games, and five of his six league strikes this season came in the second half.
- Two of Matteo Pessina’s three SA strikes this term have come after the 80th minute; Verona are unbeaten in the league when he nets this season.
- Stat attack: Sampdoria lead the SA H2H (W18, D17, L12), and have won five of the last eight encounters.
- One or both sides have failed to score in the last four H2Hs.
ITALY: Serie A – Round 26
Sampdoria – Verona
Kick-off: March 8, 15:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals