⚽ Sheffield Wed – Reading Prediction
Sheffield Wed – Reading Prediction, Odds and Betting Tips. February 15, 16:00. ENGLAND: Championship – Round 33.
Sheffield Wed – Reading Preview
- Without a win in five league matches, Sheffield Wednesday have scored the joint-fewest goals in this mini-rut, while also claiming the second-fewest league points over their last ten league matches. They are also the lowest home goalscorers of the league (average 0.93 per-match).
- After losing three of their last four home league matches, ‘Wednesday’ have failed to score in three straight home games, and also failed to score in this exact fixture nearly a year ago last season. Poetically perhaps, Hillsborough Stadium has produced the lowest average total goals-per-game of the league (1.93).
- Trawling their own rough patch, Reading have bagged the third-fewest points over five league games, playing out seven 90-minute draws within their last 11 matches (in all competitions). Without a win in six H2Hs, the ‘Royals’ have failed to score in just two of their last ten league matches, but haven’t scored in two straight trips here.
- Failing to score in 31.25% of their Championship awaydays, Reading have conceded first in ten road trips. That said, Reading have trailed at the break in just three league trips thus far, while conceding two or more goals in just two of their last ten league awaydays.
- Players to watch: Jacob Murphy (SHW) has scored first in two of his last seven appearances and scored a brace last time out (in the FA Cup).
- Seven-goal George Pușcaș (REA) scored last time out, but Yakou Méïté has three goals from his last six appearances (in all competitions).
- Stat attack: Sheffield Wednesday’s last four home matches have seen under 8.5 total corners.
- Reading’s last six awaydays have garnered three or more yellow cards (in all competitions).
- Red cards have been shown in two of the last four H2Hs (50%).