⚽ Sporting – Basaksehir Prediction
Sporting – Basaksehir Prediction, Odds and Betting Tips. February 20, 18:55. Europa League – Play Offs – 1/16-finals.
Sporting – Basaksehir Preview
- Participants in the Round-of-32 (R32) once again, Sporting Lisbon have won seven of their last nine UEFA Europa League’s (UEL) home games, without a single draw in that sequence (W7, L2). That run includes all group games in which they won, scoring a second-half goal each time.
- Whilst Sporting have lost only four of their last 14 UEL group stage/final KO phase home games (W9, D1, L4) they have failed to even register a goal in three of their last four home ties at the R32 stage (D2, L2).
- This is İstanbul Başakşehir’s first UEL knockout round appearance, but they are not here to make up the numbers. The Turkish outfit scored five of their seven UEL group stage goals away from home, and won each of their last two such games following a drawn first half.
- Whilst Başakşehir have failed to win in ten of their last 13 European away games (W3, D3, L7), they are unbeaten in 11 of 12 away games in all competitions (W6, D5, L1). Notably, ten of the 11 games in that sequence saw the sides go in level at half-time (W1, D10).
- Players to watch: A range of different players account for Sporting’s last seven home goals, and veteran defender Jérémy Mathieu is the only man to bag twice in that period.
- Başakşehir’s Enzo Crivelli scored three goals beyond the 80th minute across his last two away UEL appearances for the club.
- Stat attack: Only two sides received more than Sporting’s 16 UEL group stage yellow cards (2.67 per-match).
- Başakşehir’s last three UEL matches each saw exactly three total goals.
- Both of Başakşehir’s previous two home games vs Portuguese opposition ended 2-1 to the home side and saw goals in each half.
Europa League – Play Offs – 1/16-finals
Sporting – Basaksehir
Kick-off: February 20, 18:55
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals