⚽ Toronto FC – New York City Prediction
Toronto FC – New York City Tips and Odds. July 27, 01:30 USA: MLS – Play Offs – 1/8-finals.
Toronto FC – New York City Preview
- Toronto FC enjoy an unbeaten four-game H2H run (W3, D1) against New York City FC (NYCFC), with two of those matches played in the USA. They’ve also won all three knockout encounters against NYCFC – two by a margin of 2+ goals – and are well placed to continue their unbeaten start to 2020 here (W2, D3).
- Their extensive experience in postseason football will also be an advantage in this cut-throat Round of 16 tie, as since the start of 2016, Toronto have won nine of 15 playoff fixtures inside 90 minutes (D3, L3). As far as the 2020 season goes, they remain amongst a handful of franchises yet to concede the game’s opening goal.
- NYCFC advanced despite defeats in their opening two matches, and in contrast with their combatants, have struggled horribly when it comes to landing the first punch. In fact, their 1-0 defeat in Toronto in week two was one of four occasions this year in which NYCFC have conceded the opening goal.
- Their 2019 playoff defeat to Toronto was one of four defeats that they have suffered from six postseason matches. Furthermore, the team to score first has gone on to win all five of their MLS 2020 fixtures, four by a 1-0 result, suggesting the opening goal could be key to this game’s result.
- Players to watch: Toronto’s Alejandro Pozuelo has scored against NYCFC more than any other MLS opposition, and has three goals in his last two H2H starts.
- Ismael Tajouri opened his account for 2020 in his last start, and also recorded NYCFC’s first goal against Toronto in a 2019 encounter.
- Stat attack: Seven of the last nine H2Hs have produced three or more total goals.
- Toronto have received no more than one card in any of their last four MLS matches.
- NYCFC took the most corner kicks in all three group stage fixtures (8.67 average per game).
|Head-to-head matches: TORONTO FC – NEW YORK CITY|
|07.03.20||MLS||Toronto FC||New York City||1 : 0|
|24.10.19||MLS||New York City||Toronto FC||1 : 2|
|12.09.19||MLS||New York City||Toronto FC||1 : 1|
|30.03.19||MLS||Toronto FC||New York City||4 : 0|
|12.08.18||MLS||Toronto FC||New York City||2 : 3|
USA: MLS – Play Offs – 1/8-finals
Toronto FC – New York City
Kick-off: July 27, 01:30
Prediction: BTS – Yes