⚽ Toulouse – Strasbourg Prediction
Toulouse – Strasbourg Prediction, Odds and Betting Tips. February 5, 19:00. FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 23.
Toulouse – Strasbourg Preview
- Basement boys Toulouse are winless in 12 Ligue 1 (L1) matches (D1, L11). They kept a clean sheet in their last league outing though, but that was just their third of the season, with their defence having shipped 2+ goals in 15 of their 22 league fixtures to date.
- When it comes to conceding at home, the L1 strugglers seem most vulnerable in the latter stages – ten of the 19 home league goals they’ve shipped arrived in the final 15 minutes of their home matches. This plight is exacerbated by the fact that Toulouse have failed to score any home league goal themselves during this same time period.
- Improving RC Strasbourg have won four of their previous six matches (W4, L2). Notably, they scored in the first half in all four of those wins, and led 1-0 at half-time in three of the victories. They have exhibited a tendency to switch off in the latter stages however, which has seen them concede after the 60th minute in five of the aforementioned fixtures.
- The visitors have dominated recent top-flight H2Hs, winning six of the previous eight (W6, D2). Not short of entertainment, they scored 2+ goals in seven of those matches, but also failed to keep a clean sheet in seven games too.
- Players to watch: Toulouse defender Bafode Diakite recently returned from a lengthy injury lay off, and scored two goals in his side’s last L1 home game.
- Strasbourg forward Ludovic Ajorque has scored in two of his previous three competitive away games, and also netted in the reverse.
- Stat attack: Seven of Toulouse’s ten L1 home fixtures have been level at half-time.
- Strasbourg have scored the opening goal in just three of their 11 away L1 matches.
- Four of the previous five H2Hs produced over 2.5 goals.